Does your brand need a makeover?
New Year…New Website!!
Every so often we review our brand and decide it’s time to take the advice we give to many of our clients, and give ourselves a makeover!
Branding begins with your first impression…and your logo isn’t the only component to consider. What colors and fonts are being used and what do they communicate? What is the style of language used? Is your look and style unique or would it give your audience the feeling that your company is amateurish or out of date? One way to freshen up your brand and to get your customers to engage with your brand is taking the opportunity to update your website.
How do you know it’s time for a brand or website makeover?
Just like your personal look, every so often it’s important to get a new haircut or a new pair of shoes to adjust how you are being perceived. Similarly, a brand refresh can bring new recognition while maintaining a connection to how your brand was perceived before. Expect that this will take some time…in order to be proactive you will need to put some thought into it and plan it well. Cutting corners typically results in a less than perfect end-product, that may do more harm than good to your marketing and sales efforts. Here are some things you might want to consider when deciding if you need either a full brand refresh or a website refresh:
- Does your logo feel out of date? Do the colors and fonts best represent your company image? Is it too complicated? Can a more simple and cleaner look do a better job? What message is associated with your logo? Do you have a tagline and how is it associated with the logo?
- Have you noticed a dip in sales? Are people visiting your website? Are you gathering analytical data on visitors to your website and to social media? Which pages are getting attention and which ones are getting ignored…and why?
- What is your competition doing? What functionality are they including on their website that you don’t have? What functionality do you think might work for your brand that you are not currently employing?
- Does your website have a cohesive design that helps visitors identify your brand? What is your brand all about (are you quirky, funny, serious, laid back, all business)? Are you cohesive across social media so that people can easily be driven back to your website?
- Does your website show an understanding of your target audience? What is your user looking for when they go to your site? What content do they need to make a purchasing decision? What questions do they need answered? Do you have user driven content?
These are just a few of the questions you should ask yourself before even considering a refresh of either your brand or website. Chances are good that if you are thinking of any of these things and your conclusion is that you might need a refresh, you probably do. Proper planning and research can make this a successful endeavor and can set you up for success!
We can help! Let our team review your website or brand and help you on the path to a brand new look!